Friday, August 14, 2015

Blessed with Peace in the Midst of life's storms

Have I mentioned that my children are sometimes a pain in my backside? More often than I would desire. For example, the genes of facial hair, menstrual cramps, and hypertension have been passed down from generation to generation. I have been blessed to have inherited them all, and consequently so have my children. Whenever they would perceive that something has gone wrong, they would utter "Mommy It's all your fault." My reply has always been the same, "Who should I blame, and who should my mother blame?"

It is my belief that I have been blessed with these conditions. Perhaps my attitude stems from my field of practice, taking care of individuals at various critical stages of their lives.

One day, in the middle of my daily routine at work I had a stroke,  I was in a state of shock, but did not panic. I knew I had no control over what was happening.  I could only hope that what had always worked for my family would once again work for me, or else. Whenever my mother was in a crisis she would say: Lord I have never bowed before any other gods, but you Lord. In the name of Jesus let there be ____________." That prayer has been mine as well. That day, as I began calling on the blood of Jesus in English I felt the need to pray in my native language, Kreyol. The experts might say that I was regressing, maybe I was. The bottom line is that it worked again. All my body functions returned. My mouth and left limbs that turned right, realigned tthemselves to their assigned positions. Extensive follow ups were needed because of the high range of my  blood pressure and the unusual thickness of my blood, but soon I would be whole again. I was once again given a perfect chance at life.

That scary brush with death helped me better understand the power of prayer and faith. Now I know without a shadow of a doubt that God is still on The Throne, and able to do amazing things beyond my comprehension.

I am:

blessed for waking up every morning
blessed with sanity
blessed with the ability to move
blessed with a voice
blessed with a healthy body
blessed with food, clothes and shelter
blessed with peace
blessed with family and friends.
blessed with freedom and liberty
blessed with the sun, the moon, and the stars
blessed with the air, water, and fire
blessed with teachers, mentors, medical teams,
blessed with overflowing of grace
blessed with amazing strength to endure
blessed with the gift of salvation
blessed with the hope of eternal life
Even in the depth of my storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment