Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Case for God

Sometimes I wonder if there are lunatics in the bugs' kingdom. I wonder if some have rejected the idea that there is a higher power because they are unable to see beyond their visual field. I wonder if they think they are the products of a big bang. That out of nothing, nothing decided to change into something. Something that exploded to create a balanced and perfect universe. A universe that has been anchored for zillion years, and still standing, and yet to unveil its mysteries.
All these having come to existence without help?
Or maybe they crawl on our walls eves dropping and laughing at us, with our presumption of being "the most advanced creatures" on this  planet, wondering if we shouldn't have more common sense?

My children have been my teachers of English pronunciation,  my counselors, my critiques,  my judges, the apple (s) of my eyes, and most importantly my pain in the butts. They have been reading my posts, and giving me feedback. But, they have passed some subtle messages that can be translated as mommy slow down on the preaching style. To your dissatisfaction guys I have tried, and will continue to try hard, but the preaching part seems to be ingrained in me.

When I was a little girl,  I used to lay on my back in open air looking at the sky for hours. I would stare at the sun as if I were in a competition to see how long I could do it. I would look at all the shapes of clouds  to find familiar images such as a woman on a horse, a mother and a child, a man on a motorcycle, or anything that I could picture in my young mind. Then in the beautiful black pitch nights I would watch the stars in amazement,  trying to count them all. Exhausted,  I would go to bed wondering who in the world gives order to these elements?  The sun wakes up every day and goes to sleep every night,  and then the moon and the stars....they are so obedient.

One day my maternal grandmother who used to live with us traveled to the US. She was the best cook I will ever know. She was also the funniest folk tale teller. I remember my six siblings shoving each other for the seat next to grand mere. When she left I became so confused; I missed her day and night. Then six years after, she was back in our midst. It took almost 20 years for me to set foot in the place that hid grandma from us.

That occurrence opened my eyes on the existence of God. I realized that the fact that grandma was absent physically did not negate her existence.  Even though I could not see her with my naked eyes due to the distance, she was well alive.

When I became older, my acquaintance with chemistry, biology, astronomy and so on...  confirmed and affirmed my belief that even though I cannot see and visit God in His Kingdom His Existence is real.

It puzzles me that we have come to accept the reality of germs, atoms, protons, electrons, etc. Knowledge and experimentations that many of our forefathers had missed since they could not be seen through their naked eyes. Yet, we are unable to see the reality of God. When I first studied chemistry in high school,  it was in Haiti. Students of my generation can all testify that we did not have laboratories to actually see those elements in action and their chemical reactions. We had to study the formulae and believe by faith that what we were studying were not a bunch of lies and fabrication.  It wasn't until I went to college in The US that through tangible experiments my doubts were lifted.

We are living  in a world more complex than we can imagine. When our physical world comes to a halt, that is where faith comes into play.  When we put our faith in our projects, we have the hope that we have done the right thing. When they come to past we rejoice; and if they fail, it is not the end of our world.We become aware of what works and what does not.

Our ideas of a creation without a creator is obsolete. I have lived long enough in the perfect era to witness the creation of robots . I have yet to see them taking over their master's space and ruling over them. I am yet to see a robot telling his creator or maker you did not create me. Though I cannot produce a physical portrait of what God looks like as I could do for my maternal grandmother,  I can nevertheless point out to the countless mysteries, miracles and wonders, over us, under us, and around us. The counter arguments can only be they are supernatural.

My paternal grandmother passed away when my father was 8 years old. My father barely knew her. I only have a vague idea of her existence; yet that doesn't negate her existence. I know without a shadow of a doubt that my father is the evidence of my grandmother's existence. I do not ever need to see her in person to believe she had existed. As well as the earth, the sky, the sun, the moon, the stars,  the galaxies,  the universe, and us humans testify of the existence of God.

When we are at the end of our rope, only faith can carry us through. We all will be one day at the end of our rope.......it is written in the code of our DNA.

"Faith doesn't make sense, that's why it makes miracle." - John Di Lemme

"Faith is seeing light with your heart when all your eyes see is darkness." - Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment