Friday, August 7, 2015

There is a season for every thing

There is a time and a season for everything. The Master Designer of nature has carefully planned and crafted the four seasons. Imagine an inhabited place where there would be no sun, no trees, no leaves; all there would be all year long is snow falls and storms. It would have been the most depressing, inconvenient and cruel place to be, as excess in everything is annoying.

In life as well there are seasons.  Seasons to toil and seed, and seasons to harvest. Seasons to be born, and seasons to be gone
Seasons to rejoice and seasons to mourn
There are also seasons to be silent, waiting for God's voice, that sweet voice of comfort and reassurance.  That inner calming voice encouraging us to stay the course til our victory.

In life, we do not witness our seasons at the same time. Our seasons are individually tailored and come at different times bringing excitement and joy on one hand or grief and sorrow on the other hand.

Imagine all births and christenings,  all weddings and honeymoons, deaths and funerals; everything happening at the same time for everyone.  Then, who would be there to assist, witness, share the joy or the grief with us? Everyone would be beating their drums and dance to their own music.  The seasons of your lives create beauty, balance and hope. There is a season to voice our concerns, share our insights, and there is a season to zip up our mouths.

Balance in our lives is important. In order to maintain balance,  we need to also be connected to a spiritual source. I spoke about the time of my silence on my last blog. It was a season of disappointment, fear, confusion, and uncertainty. I was conscious that if I would open my mouth, mostly displeasing words would have translate the fury of the storm inside. So I had chosen to remain selectively mute. Staying silent kept me sane and safe.

Now that The mighty Hands of The Living and Faithful God has opened my eyes to understand:
That he had never left me, even when I felt so alone and overwhelmed;
That He had carried me through every piece of thorny and rocky road;
That He was molding and transforming me into a vessel of great price;
That He always had my back, guaranteed me protection and love even when I fell,
a lot of emotions subsided, and my voice came back. A voice that will not spew venom and hurt. A voice that may encourage the poor, the oppressed,  the abused, the forsaken, the hopeless to live and hope for a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment